Thursday, December 18, 2008

MTV News' Woman of the Year! Who Me?

I have had a pretty crappy December so far and it didn't really look like it was going to look any brighter anytime soon. I mentioned in an earlier post about my ill fated car accident earlier this month. Well, my car was declared a total loss this week. This was really bad news as getting another car will prove to be a bit difficult and my take some time. I won't bore you with the details, but it has made me quite depressed to say the least. Merry Christmas to me!

However, today I found out that I have been named MTV News' "Woman of the Year"! Well me and the legions of other Twilight fans out there! This is our grand introduction to this great honor:

“When Hollywood dismissed “Twilight” as a “one-quadrant” niche film, you responded by giving it a bigger opening than “WALL-E,” “Chronicles of Narnia” or “Star Wars: Episode 1.” When Harry Potter fans looked down their noses, you fired back by standing in midnight lines for hours to help “Breaking Dawn” rock the publishing industry. You took over Comic-Con, Westwood and the rest of the world.
If you’re one of the millions of women who live and die by “Twilight,” please take a quick glance into the nearest mirror — because MTV News’ Woman of the Year is you.”




So ladies....take a bow! We are quite the women and I am so honored to be counted among you all!!! How does it feel to be woman of the year? Absolutely fantastic! :)

2 comments:

Kent said...

Now just think if all of those "crazy fans" who have been voted the Women of the Year, could get off their duff, stop reading the sappy love story and do something. Imagine if all of those people took there $10 and put it towards a worthwhile cause, how much better this world would be and how we wouldn't have to hear about it ever again. I wonder what the next "fad" all of you now honored women will flock to?

siri said...

FOR PETES SAKE, BUFF... SOMEONE JUST GAVE YOU A BREAK... mtv. wow, that's big stuff. ha ha