Thursday, December 11, 2008

confused and contused!

So I have had quite an eventful couple of weeks! Some of you already know about it, but here is the run down for the rest of you! :) Last Tuesday morning I woke up on the floor by my bed. I was in the throws of a pretty bad insulin reaction and must have tried to get up earlier and ended up on the floor. I was able to stumble to the kitchen and chug some OJ! Gotta love the OJ. It ended up ok, but it was scary for a few moments. And of course, I have no idea why I dropped so low...diabetes is such a fun disease! Anyway, luckily everything worked out ok.

Then on Saturday, we had our annual work Christmas party. This year we had it up Little Cottonwood Canyon at Snowbird. It was a lovely party, and a beautiful setting. Unfortunately, it didn't end all that well for me. While traveling home from the party, I believe I hit a patch of black ice. My car spun out of control, crossed the other lane and off the road nearly rolling over and down into the river were it not for some strategically placed trees (and perhaps some very diligent guardian angels as well). I was and am a very lucky lady. I didn't really feel the need for an ambulance at the scene, which I got a lot of crap from from several directions, not the least of which was coming from my mom. :)

I did go to the ER on Sunday and got all x-rayed and so forth. I was officially diagnosed with "a contusion of the right hand" and a sprained back. They gave me a prescription of ibuprofen for the day and loritab for the night. I would like to officially go on record to say that loritab works GREAT! And ibuprofen is a poor substitution. :) All in all I am healing and am very grateful for people around me who have taken such good care of me and for my loving family, as well as for guardian angels and most of all strategically placed trees! :)

I have not heard what the insurance company's verdict on the car is...I am hoping it can be fixed...I do really love my car. I will keep you posted. :) Everyone say a little prayer for Flower, my Honda Civic!! :)

3 comments:

Sally Sirmans said...

Yikes! Buffy, what a week. You have some fantastic guardian angels.

Tyler and Jen said...

OH MY GOSH!!!
Why do such bad things have to happen to such good people?
I am so glad you are ok!!!!
I'm sorry about your car but girlfriend, as long as you're ok that's all that matters to me!
Don't ever, ever, ever let that happen again...do you hear that you guardian angels? To heck with the trees! Next time melt the damn ice BEFORE she gets there! Sheeeeesh!
I love you Carla! I hope your Christmas gets better. If anyone deserves a Merry Christmas it's you!
Jen

The MacQueens said...

Holy cow, girl! We are so glad you are safe! I'm glad your guardian angels were on top of things. I hope you feel better soon. . .and that your car feels better soon, too.