Friday, February 8, 2008

SAD Therapy

So it's Friday!!! Hallelujah...the end to an extremely long work week!

I woke up this morning extremely down for several reasons I think. One I HATE winter! I am not very fond of snow and short days are a serious bummer as well as cold temperatures! I crave warmth!! I really didn’t want to go to work or even get out of bed.

Secondly, 5 years ago today I was engaged to my now ex-husband. While I am so incredibly happy that I am no longer married to that man, I feel a sense of loss sometimes…especially when a friend of mine, recently married, shows me her wedding video. What can I say…I’m just a boob.

Anyway, as the day progressed I discovered some things. Just like my sister, Betsy, I am in serious need of a SAD light to rid me of these winter blues! However, there are some other therapies that seem to have worked pretty well today! Music! I was able to listen to a variety of happy music today, for example…”Wake me up before you go go”…it’s an oldie but a goodie! I dare you to listen to it and not smile and wanna get up and dance!

Then of course there are the songs that remind me of the strengths I receive through the hard times I have experienced in my life like “Broken” by Lindsey Haun…if you have not heard it I recommend you look it up, it is a good one.

And finally there are the songs that remind me of the qualities that are uniquely me…like “Freckles” by Natasha Bedingfield…yes Jenny I downloaded it and you are right it is FABULOUS!!!! And truly makes me happy just listening to it, “Cuz a face without freckles is like the sky without stars.” Sunshine

So those are my SAD therapy suggestions! I know that this therapy is tailored to me and my personality, but we all have those songs that work for us…so go out and find your SAD songs! Hopefully we can bring in the warm sunshine of Spring shortly! Until then we have our SAD songs, cuz “sad songs say so much.” Famous 1





4 comments:

Laura said...

I'm sorry you woke up having a bad day and I'm glad you found some things to make you happy!

Kofa High Sports Medicine said...

Just want you to know that I love you and that my roommate has the Wham "go go" song as his ringtone. You guys would get along so well. He feels the same way about it.

Buffy said...

Right on!!! Wham fans unite! :)

siri said...

your wit continues to impress me - honestly, "sad songs say so much." i love it! i am going to recommend the single life for you long enough to enjoy the tunes at your own volume without commentary. husbands, though sweet, may not share your musical taste. or.... you could just get that cat i am prescribing and they love anything... hee hee.