Monday, April 6, 2009

I Miss You My Sweet Friend

This week has been a very difficult one. My sweet friend Dawn Shelton was found dead in her apartment on April 1st. This was devastating news for me. Dawn and I have been really close buddies...we went to church together, we encouraged one another through difficult times, we just really fit well with one another. She was truly a kindred spirit to me and I miss her dearly. We only knew one another for just over a year, but it felt like we had known one another forever. I do know that she is safe and happy where she is now, but I cannot help but wish she didn't have to go so soon. I just feel like I still need her, but I guess others must need her more.

Sadly I only have one picture of her. It was taken on the opening night of the Twilight movie. A bunch of us all went out for dinner and a movie that evening and I wanted to mark the evening with some pictures. I will be forever grateful I did.

Here are the group pictures. One of many fun and happy memories I will treasure with my sweet friend Dawn! I truly love you and miss you with my whole heart and soul!

4 comments:

Trisha said...

What a sweet tribute to a dear friend. It is apparent that you were such good friends. Also that you have some sweet memories with her.

The MacQueens said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad you have those fun memories of your friend to hang on to.

Tyler and Jen said...

Life is just too short.
Sorry for your loss.
Hang in there!

Cindy MacQueen said...

Gosh and Garters we look cute in this picture! Love you!